Extreme flexibility is becoming the new normal. We’re inundated with images on social media of dancers sitting in oversplits or contorting themselves into circus-like positions. But is it safe?
As a dance studio owner, you want to make a positive impact on the lives of our students and do it safely. So if you’re looking for more clarity around what to stretch, when to stretch and how to stretch, this podcast is for you.
In this episode, Christine Jones of mUvmethod covers:
- Flexibility and Mobility: what they are, what limits them and what improves them
- What overstretching actually is.
- The three reasons she believes it’s happening
- And the solutions to avoid overstretching while safely maximizing flexibility and joint range of motion to ensure your dancers meet all flexibility milestones in order to meet the technical side of dance with ease and efficiency all while spending less time each week stretching… Crazy right?
Christine Jones has spent the last two decades helping her students improve their flexibility, mobility and movement patterns.
- Former Dancer
- Holds a BS in Exercise Physiology from the University of Utah.
- Fully Certified STOTT Pilates Instructor
- Founder of Intermountain Pilates Training Center
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 200 and E-RYT 500
- Creator of the mUvStretch Curriculum
- Presenter at Dance Teacher Summit
- Advocate For Healthy Physical, Mental and Emotional Development of Dancers
Grab your free stretch guide:
To start your mUvmethod free trial: