- Why holiday shows matter to children and families more than ever this year
- How to make participation easy and part of your studio experience
- What you can include in your holiday performance package fee and why it is a great value when positioned this way
- How to budget for your holiday show venue and when to think outside the traditional theatre model to have a great show
- Leverage done-for-you choreography and costume ideas to re-inspire teaching staff and boost dancer confidence
- Tips for producing a crowd-pleasing holiday performance on a short timeline that is designed to bring out the best in your youngest dancers
[1:00] Why do holiday dance shows matter so much?
[2:35] Your child only becomes six once in their lifetime. It’s important to celebrate these tiny milestones.
[3:25] How do you get parents excited about a holiday show performance?
[5:05] Make parents opt out instead of having them opt in. It’s easier for everyone involved.
[5:40] Assume everyone wants to participate until they raise their hand and say no.
[7:00] Here’s how you can up your performance and raise your prices without making it more labor intensive for you.
[9:00] Tiffany does a quick math game on what you can reasonably charge for these shows.
[12:00] Plans are always subjected to change in this post-covid world. How is Tiffany structuring that?
[16:25] People are burned out, especially dance owners. Tiffany offers advice on how you can organize a show while still keeping mentally sane.
[20:45] Don’t give your students something too advanced for this holiday show. Keep things simple, light, and fun.
[22:55] If you can do a dress rehearsal, do it, but a lot of parents don’t want to go. Be prepared for that.
[29:00] Don’t know if you can do it? Reach out to Tiffany! She’s more than happy to help.
Holiday Choreography: https://www.twinklestardance.com/subscriptions
Holiday Costume Pairings: https://www.revolutiondance.com/TSDcostumepairings
More information on Twinkle Star Dance: https://www.revolutiondance.com/twinklestar
Episode sponsored by: Revolutiondance.com
Connect with Tiffany: Tiffanydance.com, Twinklestardance.com/ & Facebook